Product added to cart
Tabex 1,5 mg 100 tablets
Tabex of the pharmaceutical company Sopharma is a product for smoking cessation. It contains the active substance cytisine, which acts on the smoker's body like nicotine. Taking Tabex leads to a gradual cessation of nicotine addiction, respectively smoking cessation within 25 days. Recommended for people addicted to smoking (chronic tobacco) who want to quit. It does not contain nicotine or antidepressants.
Available in a pack of 100 tablets.
Tabex® is administered orally according to the following schedule:
If the results are unsatisfactory, the treatment may be discontinued and a new one month therapy can be resumed after 2-3 months.
Treatment should be applied according to the following schedule:
First 3 days: 1 tablet 6 times daily (every 2 hours) with a parallel reduction of the number of cigarettes smoked (6 daily)
If the result is unsatisfactory, the treatment is discontinued and a new therapy can be resumed after 2-3 months. For best effect, the treatment should continue according to the following schedule:
The course of treatment usually lasts 25-30 days, and can be repeated totalling a 2 month cycle. Studies show this to be far more effective with more patients giving up smoking after 60 days! In this case 2 packets are recommended per cycle.
It is likely smoking cessation will occur by the 5th day after the initiation of treatment. After the course patients should give evidence of strong will by declining any smoking products, or lighting a cigarette.
The quantity of cigarettes smoked by an individual during the first three days must be decreased gradually. The complete smoking cessation should occur no later than the fifth day after the beginning of the start of course.
Storage: In original packages, in dry, and light-protected premises at temperature of 15° -25° C (60° - 75° F)
Expiry term: Two year from manufacture date
Do not take Tabex if:
- You have an allergy (hypersensitivity) to the active substance cytisine or any of the other ingredients of Tabex;
- a recent myocardial infarction or stroke. unstable angina, cardiac arrhythmia (cardiac arrhythmia), atherosclerosis;
- pregnancy or breast-feeding.
Relative contraindications to the use of Tabex are:
- chromaffin tumors of the adrenal gland;
- gastroesophageal reflux disease (return of gastric juice in the lower part of the esophagus, which is manifested by a burning sensation);
- mental illness (some forms of schizophrenia).
Take special care with Tabex:
As there is insufficient clinical experience for the safe use of Tabex, caution should be exercised in patients with:
- ischemic heart disease (impaired blood supply to the heart muscle);
- heart failure (weakness of the heart muscle);
- hypertension (high blood pressure);
- cerebrovascular diseases;
- blockage of blood vessels;
- kidney and liver diseases;
- hyperthyroidism (increased thyroid function);
There is insufficient clinical experience with the safe use of Tabex in children under 18 years of age and adults over 65 years of age. Tabex is not recommended for use in these categories of patients without prior consultation with a physician and benefit / risk assessment.
Taking other medicines:
Tell your doctor if you are taking medicines such as physostigmine, galantamine, statins, medicines to lower blood pressure, to treat tuberculosis, due to the possible increase in their side effects when used with Tabex. Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription.
Taking Tabex with food and drink:
Food and drink do not affect the action of Tabex.
Pregnancy and breast-feeding:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking any medicine. If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, you should not be treated with Tabex.
Driving and using machines:
There are no data on adverse effects of Tabex when performing activities that require increased attention and speed of reactions. Important information about some of the ingredients of Tabex This medicine contains lactose. If you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before taking Tabex.
Like all medicines, Tabex can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
The following side effects are possible with Tabex treatment, especially in the beginning:
- dry mouth, changes in taste and appetite, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, constipation, diarrhea;
- headache, dizziness;
- palpitations, chest pain, rapid heartbeat, a slight increase in blood pressure;
- drowsiness, insomnia, increased irritability;
- difficulty breathing;
- muscle pain;
- weight loss, sweating.
Please note there are delays Worldwide at the moment due to the Coronavirus.
It is your responsibility to know if the product you order is allowed to be imported into your country.
You can opt for tracked or untracked shipping. Free shipping is Untracked.
We do not offer refunds for untracked shipments.
1. Economy. Shipping within 48 hours. Untracked
2. Standard. Shipping within 24 hours. Orders are sent with full tracking provided.
3. Priority. Orders are sent fully tracked and shipped as priority within 12 hours.
Please Note: Delivery times below are based on working days and do not include weekends and bank holidays.
Most orders arrive within the average time below but some orders may take longer.